Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'VE HAUNTED HER STREET

Apparently Ludo has a new album out, which I have just acquired through legal! means. I do enjoy this band. The creepy songs are so delicious. I highly recommend them to everyone who is cool. It's more of a mainstream-rock kinda sound than I usually listen to, but the lyrics are interesting and creative enough to keep me interested. Hilariously, one of the creepy songs from their newest album, "Air-Conditioned Love," just popped up in my iTunes. Awesome.

This might be a boring post. I haven't written anything spectacular lately. I have started drawing again. I love ink. What I do not love is not being able to find my R4, which has my Etrian Odyssey game on it. I have started the second one without finishing the first, like all champions. I am a master.

Guh. I am bored with this. Here, have something crappy I wrote when trying to force myself to write about a really cool idea I had the other day:

Ward is eating an apple when the email pings into his mailbox. The laptop is awkwardly perched between his lifted knee and the sofa's armrest because halfway through his latest paragraph he decided to watch television. He expects the email to be from his thesis advisor and so is slow in opening it.

"Good morning Mr. Ward Gideon,
It has been a while since we last spoke. My name is Deera Montgomery. We met four months ago at the Humanitarian Conference in Spokane. We exchanged information after the night at O'Toole's, and I have kept you in mind as a possible research associate for the newest project…"

He takes another bite of apple and closes the inbox. Another opportunity. Books and papers and journals and too much reading and headaches and ibuprofen which makes Ward laze around watching cheap thrillers while ignoring emails from the one person who could stop that maddening rut of the past three years. His phone vibrates by his hip.

The text is short and cryptic, like most have been lately. "Baby greens and soft beer. 12091700" He grins and tosses the apple core onto the table, texts back a perfectly boring answer. He turns off the computer and television and showers, slick his hair back, and walks into Gruenblatt an hour later.

It's funny because there are no hints as to the actual story/character idea in this bit. How devious I am! chortle chortle chortle.

No comments:

Post a Comment